We have opportunities available for industry partners and PhD researchers. Visit the sections below for further information.
We welcome all collaboration interest in the Australian Cobotics Centre. If you don’t fit one of the categories below, you may wish to join our Affiliates Group.
We invite any individuals or groups (e.g. external researchers, practitioners, industry representatives, community groups and adjuncts) with an interest in advanced manufacturing and the impact of collaborative robotics on the manufacturing industry to join our Affiliates group.
As part of this group you will have first access to the Centre’s activity program which will include face to face events, podcasts, webinars and forums with both national and international thought leaders. Sign up here.
“We are quite delighted to have the opportunity to be working with the Australian Cobotics Centre so that we can marry the work of the robotics with the knowledge of our people.”
Director of B & R Enclosures
We are offering a limited opportunity to join the Australian Cobotics Centre..
This is an exciting opportunity for your organisation to participate in one or more collaborative research projects that will be matched to your organisation’s strategic goals related to advanced manufacturing.
The Centre offers great benefits to our industry partners:
- Access to full range of research projects, outcomes from research including IP that can be used within your field.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to research and its application to mirror the needs of your business.
- Access to international and national experts in the field, free of charge.
- Collaboration with other companies who have similar challenges and the opportunity to work together to learn and grow and adapt to those challenges.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for PhD projects.
The Australian Cobotics Centre provides PhD students with opportunity to do cutting edge research in industry alongside other researchers in a multidisciplinary team led by some of the world’s leading scholars.
The Centre is a collaboration between three Australian universities, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Swinburne University of Technology and University of Technology Sydney (UTS). The candidate will be enrolled at one of these universities based on their primary supervisor’s university affiliation.
There are 16 PhD topics available across a wide range of disciplines including business, design, robotic vision and more. Each topic fits within one of our five research programs and aims to address specific industry problems working alongside one or more of our industry partners. If you have an area of interest that you feel is relevant to the research program but not addressed in one of the topics, please do still submit an expression of interest detailing your proposed topic and supervisor of interest.
Find out more about our PhD program:
We also welcome visitors of many different types to our institutions and invite you to contact us if you are interested:
- short term visitors from researchers in our fields – come and see what we do
- longer term visitors, for example sabbatical visits – come and work with us
- industry placements in academia – join us in our labs to learn the latest in robotics and interaction design
We want all visitors to participate actively in the Centre, including attending seminars and social activities, and ask you to give at least one seminar or workshop during your stay.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- have an excellent research track record relative to your career opportunities
- plan to undertake a clearly defined research project that is closely aligned with our priorities, programs and projects
- are based in a research organisation that is well-aligned with our Centre or with whom we have an established relationship
- know which researchers you want to work closely with and why
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.