Gender equity in both research careers and advanced manufacturing remains a critical issue for future capability. The Centre has a plan to address this and to increase indigenous and LGBTQI+ inclusion by:
- Building a team that reflects the diversity of our society by actively encouraging women, LGBTQI+ and indigenous applicants to all HDR and post-doctoral fellow positions.
- Instilling a culture of social and ethical responsibility in the staff and student cohort.
- Creating a safe, inclusive and supportive environment that empowers people to succeed in their study or work.
- Expecting our members to lead by example, and in line with the equity and diversity policies of their institution and this Centre.
- Removing barriers for all staff with caregiving responsibilities to undertake field work or attend conferences.
- Implementing appropriate flexible work arrangements and encourage participation in mentoring and training initiatives.
- Measuring and reporting on diversity within the Centre activities.
- Connecting with existing networks supporting women, LGBTQI+ and Indigenous people in STEMM.
Our action plan, available in late 2021, will detail specific activities and initiatives to achieve the above.