Applications have closed.
Supervisor and Program co-leads:
- Associate Professor Glenda Caldwell (Supervisor and co-lead)
- Dr Matthias Guertler, UTS (co-lead)
PD_Postdoc. Rsch Fellow – Designing Socio-Technical Robotic Systems
The aim of this Program and its included projects is to embed holistic design as a critical factor in creating seamless integration of humans and machines working together to improve human work conditions and environments, and increase effectiveness and efficiencies in production, as well as workforce acceptance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking research activities and project tasks to meet the goals, timeline and deliverables of the Program and its included projects.
- Actively participating in strategic planning for research and development in the areas of design and socio-technical systems in relation to cobotics.
- Maintaining complete and accurate research records, including written and verbal reports, documenting details of IP, ethics approvals, publications, media mentions, and other key program metrics as required.
- Participating and contributing to ethical, high-quality, and innovative research through activities such as quality
publications, industry and end-user presentations, or conference presentations.
- Reading academic papers, journals and textbooks to keep abreast of developments in own specialism and related disciplines.
- Leading and participating in high-performing multidisciplinary teams and assisting with the supervision of research
students both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- With support from the Program Leader, developing and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders including industry partners, partner institutions and internal QUT partners based in other faculties.
- Liaising with collaborators and stakeholders; and generating, finalising and editing research reports, progress reports and project reports for collaborators.
- Partaking in and encouraging HDRs to take part in the centre’s professional development program.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.