POSTED: 20 Jul, 2023
On 18th July, we held our mid-year meeting. This year each university hosted an in-person event and we joined together via zoom.
It was fantastic to reflect on our achievements over the past 6months and look forward to what we want to get done by the end of the year.
So far, in 2023, our group has:
- Welcomed a further 8 PhD researchers (Fikre Hagos, Munia Ahamed, Akash Hettiarachchi, James Dwyer, Louis Fernandez, Yuan Liu, Phuong Anh Tran & Jasper Vermeulen) bringing our current student total to 14. We also have a further three expected to start over the next couple of months.
- Published 8 conference papers and journals, and attended and presented at over 6 conferences. Read more here: https://www.australiancobotics.org/publications/
- Completed 3 initial translation projects with our partners (B&R Enclosures, Cook Medical & InfraBuild) with more underway
- Released 2 reports:
- Advancing Manufacturing: Exploring the human element of the journey report with Jobs Queensland, led by QUT (Queensland University of Technology).
- Cobot Work Health & Safety Guidelines, funded by the NSW Government’s Centre for Work Health and Safety and led by University of Technology Sydney and their project partners.
- Led numerous in-person events, delivered webinars and shared articles sharing our expertise.
and much, much more.
For the QUT group, we combined the meeting with a tour of Stryker‘s R&D lab in Herston and finished off the afternoon with a game of mini golf!
Thank you all for coming along! We are now looking forward to the end of year symposium where we can all meet in person and share our progress!
ARTICLE: Cobots in manufacturing: Good for skill shortages and much more.
Written by Research Program Co-Lead Professor Greg Hearn and PhD Candidate Nisar Ahmed Channa both from the Human Robot Workforce research program in ...
Meet our E.P.I.C. Researcher, Idhant Bhambri
Idhant Bhambri is a PhD researcher based at Swinburne University of Technology and his project is part of the Quality Assurance and Compliance researc ...
6 Reasons Why We Need a Prototyping Toolkit for Designing Human-Robot Collaboration
Written by Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dr Stine S Johansen and PhD Researcher, James Dwyer In this short article, we will share 6 benefits of ha ...