Applications have closed.
Supervisor and Program co-leads:
- Associate Professor Markus Rittenbruch (Supervisor and co-lead)
- Associate Professor Jared Donovan, QUT (co-lead)
This Program addresses how humans are made aware of the movement and intentions of robotic systems (mutual awareness & robotic intention visualisation), how to build toolkits for the rapid prototyping of collaborative robotic solutions, and how to leverage multimodal interaction, including Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, with robotic systems.
The Program will be based on an in-depth understanding of collaborative work routines and the task domain. It will develop domain appropriate HRC solutions and build skills and capacity for industry to adopt the Program’s outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting high-quality research relevant to the research program as part of project teams to meet goals timelines and deliverables.
- Participating and contributing to ethical, high-quality, and innovative research through activities such as quality publications, industry and end-user presentations, or conference presentations.
- Actively participating in strategic planning for Human-Robot Interaction research and development.
- Maintaining complete and accurate research records, including written and verbal reports, documenting details of IP, ethics approvals, publications, media mentions, and other key program metrics as required.
- Leading and participating in high-performing multidisciplinary teams and assisting with the supervision of research students both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- With support from the Program Leader, developing and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders including industry partners, partner institutions and internal QUT partners based in other faculties.
- Liaising with collaborators and stakeholders; and generating, finalising and editing research reports, progress reports and project reports for collaborators.
- Partaking in and encouraging HDRs to take part in the centre’s professional development program.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.