Postdoctoral Research Fellow Opportunity at one of our partner universities.
The Centre offers postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to undertake their own research and gain valuable insight into research and development operations within industry.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (LEVB) to work in the Quality Assurance and Compliance Program based at Swinburne University of Technology (SUT). Note, all other Postdoctoral Research Fellow roles within the Centre have now been filled.
The position is supported by the Australian Research Council’s Industrial Transformation Training Centre program. Initial contract will be 3 years with the opportunity to extend.
Find out more and apply through the links below
- Quality Assurance and Compliance Program Postdoctoral Researcher based at SUT – Applications are now open
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will work with the Program Leaders to lead the projects within the program as well as complete their own research. They will also assist with the supervision of postgraduate students and will be an active member of the research community within the university and across the Centre’s network.
The Centre is focused on collaboration and knowledge sharing between industry and research partners. This role will be working closely with our industry partners and the successful applicant will also help to develop new and ongoing partnerships. This role includes considerable periods working directly at our partner organisations to help solidify the understanding of the organisation and their approach to research and development as well a business skills and experience.
The Centre offers a training program which has a strong emphasis on professional development as well as technical skills. The program includes opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, experience, and professional standards through on-the-job tasks, social learning and formal training opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking research activities and project tasks to meet the goals, timeline and deliverables of the projects.
- Actively participating in strategic planning for the program’s research and development.
- Maintaining complete and accurate research records, including written and verbal reports, documenting details of IP, ethics approvals, publications, media mentions and other key program metrics as required.
- With support from the Program Leader, developing and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders including industry partners, partner institutions and internal QUT partners based in other faculties.
- Liaising with collaborators and stakeholders; and generating, finalising and editing research reports, progress reports and project reports for collaborators.
- Participating and contributing to ethical, high-quality, and innovative research through activities such as quality publications, industry and end-user presentations, or conference presentations.
- Leading and participating in high-performing multidisciplinary teams and assisting with the supervision of research students both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Partaking in and encouraging HDRs to take part in the Centre’s professional development program.
- Reading academic papers, journals and textbooks to keep abreast of developments in own specialism and related disciplines.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
Training and development
Each postdoc contract will include an industry placement to be completed over the 5 year lifetime of the Centre. The length of the placement will be agreed by the postdoc, supervisor and industry partner.
Industry placement are significant as they allow researchers to contextualise and focus their research further so that they can find solutions for the key challenges from industry.
Researchers will also be offered a personalised training program that includes:
- an industry mentor program
- practical experience of governance within an ARC funded Centre, co-supervision of PhD candidates and exposure to managing external stakeholders
- training and development program that includes face to face modules, self paced learning and practical opportunities to apply the learnings from these courses